Saturday, Nov. 20, 4-5:30 p.m., Philip B. & Gale T. will host a listening session (via Zoom) focused on the environment. Use our "Contact Us" form to request the Zoom link. https://www.bethesdafriends.org/Contact-Us#contact_us
What environmental issues are uppermost in the minds of BFMers and amenable to collective action?
Queries to shape our session
* What are tangible actions to address climate change or other environmental issues that you'd like to see collectively addressed with BFM involvement?
* What topics do you think our Meeting and/or AIM should address to help us all have a more secure and happy future?
* Which of these do you think are amenable to effective County-based action?
* If you had 3 stars to place on options on this list that you think are best suited to get started with, which would they be?
Other topics may emerge during the listening session.
We plan to keep track of the ideas that emerge in an on-screen shared document which participants can annotate.
Towards the end of the session, we will ask:
* If you had to choose one action to put personal time and energy into, which would it be? Please put your name next to that one. (That does not necessarily commit you to doing the action, but is our way of gauging interest.)
After our listening session, Gale and Philip and anyone else who may be interested will draft a summary that we will share with Alex B. for her to use in the overall process for AIM (Acton in Montgomery) agenda setting.
Bethesda Friends Meeting
Mailing Address:P.O. Box 30152, Bethesda MD 20824
Our Meetinghouse is on the campus of the Sidwell Friends Lower School at the intersection of Edgemoor Lane and Beverly Road in Bethesda, Maryland
We are a member organization of the Religious Society of Friends
| Login | Logout